Three components of tough submission at work
I. Accept the CALL for Tough Submission at Work (v. 18)
A. What kind of submission we are to have
1) What it means
2) What it looks like in the modern workplace
- Punctuality and reliability
- Positive in giving and receiving communications and working with others
B. What kind of bosses we are to submit to
II. Adopt the COMPULSION for Tough Submission at Work (vv. 19a, 20b)
A. What our motivation should be
B. What harsh treatment reveals about our motivation
III. Accomplish the CONDITIONS for Tough Submission at Work (vv. 19-20)
A. Condition #1: Your suffering must be truly _______
B. Condition #2: Your suffering must be truly _______
1) Evaluate your submissiveness at work using the five Ps. What are some areas you need to
improve in to really shine for Christ?
2) How does this passage help you to prefer favour with God over comfort or revenge?
3) Have you ever suffered unjustly at work? Share your experience. How did you respond? To
what degree did it fulfil the call and conditions of this passage? How does the Apostle
Peter’s counsel help?